C. Gerhardt’s 130 years of experience in Kjeldahl analysis is evident in their line of VAPODEST® Kjeldahl Steam Distillation systems. The VAPODEST series offers powerful analytics, accurate results, and efficient, clean operation in one easy-to-use system. Precise pumps control the addition of reagents with maximum exactness. The steam pressure can be fully adjusted from 10 to 100 %. The unique, programmable "soft-start" function ensures controlled reactions.
The VAPODEST® models are available with different degrees of automation, from the simple smart version for a small number of samples to fully automated systems with integrated titration and an autosampler for high sample throughput. All versions are compatible with a variety of Kjeldahl digestion tubes and flasks. Any of these systems are ideal for total Kjeldahl nitrogen, free ammonia, phenol, or alcohol determinations.
All Gerhardt systems are designed with comprehensive safety features.
The VAPODEST models include:
- VAPODEST 200: manual sample dilution, manual filling of receiver, manual titration, manual removal of sample waste, manual calculation of result, manual sample change
- VAPODEST 300: manual filling of receiver, manual titration, manual calculation of result, manual sample change
- VAPODEST 400: manual titration, manual calculation of result, manual sample change
- VAPODEST 450: manual sample change, results can be calculated on computer via data export
- VAPODEST 50s: fully automated, manual sample change
- VAPODEST 50s Carousel: fully automated system for 20 samples
- Easy-to-use touchscreen display
- Kjeldahl analysis complies with standard methods
- Low total operating costs
- Automation options available
- Color changing status indicator
- Compact construction saves bench space
- Compatible with a wide variety of Kjeldahl glassware
- Designed for safety