Fast, precise, and cost efficient, DUMATHERM® uses all the advantages of the Dumas combustion method and enables labs to analyze a wide range of samples including those containing saline, high concentrations of water, low concentrations of nitrogen, or highly-concentrated samples. The innovative design of DUMATHERM's furnace chamber in combination with the direct analysis of all resulting gases delivers accurate, dependable results. The Dumas method serves as an easier-to-use, more efficient alternative to traditional Kjeldahl, which can take hours to perform. DUMATHERM reduces analysis time to 3 minutes or less, 98% time savings compared to Kjeldahl.
- Fast combustion analyzer for protein analysis
- Accurate results within 3 min
- Fully automated - rapidly analyze a variety of sample matrices including liquids
- Efficient, residue-free combustion
- Process up to 64 samples per run
- Safe – Completely software controlled and can be operated safely from any location without an extractor
- Flexible – Use argon or helium as a carrier gas, depending upon the sample
- Meets requirements for standard methods including AOAC, AOCS, ASBC, AACC, ASTM, DIN, etc.
- User-friendly, ISO 17025 compliant software
- Easy-to-use and maintain
Solid or liquid samples are combusted at high temperatures in the presence of catalysts into oxides. With the help of copper, the resulting nitrogen oxides (NOx) are reduced to elemental nitrogen while the by-products, water and carbon dioxide, are separated completely. The remaining nitrogen is analyzed using a single filament detector. The system uses helium technology for very precise results even at very low nitrogen levels.
DUMATHERM Manager, the system’s PC-based, user-friendly software controls the entire analysis. Powerful diagnostics and documentation capabilities, data transfer to and from a LIMS, traceability of all analysis data, and easy set-up make the DUMATHERM simple to operate and frees the user’s time for other tasks.
DUMATHERM is ideal for measuring protein in a variety of grain, meat, dairy, and egg products, animal feeds, starch and more. The system is also used for nitrogen determination in soil, water, pulp, paper, petroleum, plastics, coffee, tobacco, and other samples.